"We" were in the news again - Mr. Bruce was featured in The Stowe Reporter recently - enjoy the article here! Congratulations!
The cold weather seems to be here, which is of no surprise since we have turned the calendars to December already! The school is unlocked and open at 7:30am, so if your students are here before that, please know that they'll be outside, and should be dressed accordingly. Also, since the students go on walks at least 3 days a week, and have the chance to go outside after they eat almost everyday, it's important they are ready for the weather!
Speaking of dressing... we have accumulated quite a lot of items (primarily clothes) in our lost and found. If you are missing something from your household, encourage your child to go through the lost and found, or even pop in to take a look yourself.
Comcast Internet Essentials is a program to help bring internet into homes at a reduced cost. If you, or someone you know may have interest in this program here is a little information for you, or for you to pass along:
- How to qualify: To qualify for $9.95 a month Internet service and a low-cost computer, your household must meet all these criteria:
- Be located where Comcast offers Internet service
- Have at least one child eligible to participate in the National School Lunch Program
- Have not subscribed to Comcast Internet service within the last 90 days
- Not have an overdue Comcast bill or unreturned equipment
- How to apply
- Call 1-855-8-INTERNET (1-855-846-8376) to request an application
- We will mail you an application. Complete and return it, along with lunch program documents from your child's school
- We will notify you by mail about the status of your application. Allow 7-10 days for a response
I realize that Comcast doesn't reach all of Morrisville, but this may help some people! And if you know of people in other towns and states that might benefit from this, pass it along!
December 10th is an Early Dismissal day from school - the faculty will be scoring the On-Demand Writing Prompts that afternoon. Students are dismissed at 12:00.
Thank you for all that you do for the school community of PAML. Karen